Providing Comprehensive Legal Services
Drawing on more than 120 years of combined legal practice, the attorneys of Staines, Eppling & Kenney, LLC provide client-focused, results-driven counsel and representation to business owners, insurance providers and executives in a variety of industries.
A Diverse Litigation Practice
Our lawyers have extensive experience in the issues that business owners and insurers frequently face, including:
- Admiralty and maritime law — Insurers and vessel owners trust our firm with their business and legal disputes, including personal injury defense, inland and offshore cargo, collisions and towage, limitations actions, seizures, contracts and charters, regulatory matters, Jones Act claims and marine insurance coverage, and litigation.
- Insurance defense — We aim to protect the bottom line of insurance companies through creative problem-solving, settlement/resolution and, when necessary, aggressive litigation defense. We frequently represent insurers in policy and coverage analysis, as well as coverage disputes, in a variety of matters, including general liability, products liability, premises liability, property damage, commercial auto and trucking, uninsured/underinsured motorists, industrial disease, toxic torts, and energy.
- Workers’ compensation — We represent carriers, administrators, self-insureds, insureds and uninsured employers in workers’ compensation claims at both the state and federal levels with a goal of resolving claims efficiently to protect the interests of all involved.
- Construction law — We represent commercial clients in a variety of disputes, including injury and property damage claims, construction defect claims, contract issues, and analysis of risk transfer. As construction claims often involve complex issues and many moving parts, our experience and skill are invaluable.
- Labor and employment — We aim to help employers avoid legal pitfalls through counseling and identification of workplace issues like discrimination, harassment, wage and hour claims, and whistleblower matters. When an employee brings a claim, we respond swiftly and aggressively.
- Business and commercial — Staines, Eppling & Kenney, LLC. develops strong and lasting relationships with our corporate clients to fully understand and represent their interests. Whether a business owner is defending a lawsuit or simply seeking advice, we put their interests first in everything we do.
From our offices in greater New Orleans, we offer a vast range of legal services to businesses and insurers throughout the surrounding area, as well as national and international clients with legal matters throughout Louisiana.